The ISSCR Dr. Susan Lim Award for Outstanding Young Investigator, supported by the Dr. Susan Lim Endowment for Education and Research Ltd., recognizes the exceptional achievements of an investigator in the early part of his or her independent career in stem cell research. http://www.isscr.org/home/awards/OYIA
- Nominees must be seven or fewer years out from their first full-time assistant professorship or equivalent position in an academic, industrial or clinical research setting.**
- Nominees must be an ISSCR member in good standing.
- Nominees must be independent investigators conducting original research in basic science or clinical development and translation in the field of stem cell research.
- Nominees must be nominated by two (or more) ISSCR members in good standing.
- Nominees must be available to attend the ISSCR Annual Meeting if they are selected as the award recipient.
- $15,000 USD personal award plus a complimentary registration to the ISSCR Annual Meeting where they will be honored.
- The award recipient will be honored during a plenary session at the ISSCR Annual Meeting. An ISSCR leader or the recipient’s mentor will have the opportunity to make a formal presentation and reflect on the accomplishments of the recipient. The award recipient will have the opportunity to give a featured presentation.
Nominations must be sponsored by two or more people. Nomination letters may be submitted individually or as a single, co-signed letter. Nomination letter(s) (up to two pages) should provide the following:
- a statement of up to 100 words highlighting the most important accomplishment(s) of the nominee
- an overview of the nominee’s contributions to the field of stem cell research
- a statement of the nominee’s status as an independent investigator
A copy of the nominee’s CV and listing of up to five of their most relevant publications must also accompany the nomination letter. Include an electronic version of these publications where possible. Nominations are now closed. For questions, please contact Glori Rosenson at email@example.com.
**Assessment of ‘equivalent position’ is at the discretion of the award selection committee. Comparable titles in the international academic community might include but are not limited to Lecturer, Senior Scientist or Team Leader. Position titles in other research settings such as industry are recognized to be diverse.